Contact Mr C
|Click on a link category or scroll down.
|Mr. C.'s Illinois Schools
Mr. C.'s Middle School Classes in Plainfield, Illinois
|General Math Help
These sites are the best ones I have found for general math help.
- HomeworkAlabama.org - free homework help with "live" online tutors, an Alabama Public Library Service.
- USA Test Prep ==> For a set of Quick Start steps: click here.
free help to pass the Alabama High School Graduation Exam. A username/password is required and has been provided to all Susan Moore High School students, click on the Member Login button to log into the site.
- MathForum.org - "Simply the best!" Use the "Ask Dr. Math" feature to get detailed, easy to follow, help on any math topic.
- Webmath.com - Try this site, very cool, many answers. Explore.
- Cut-the-Knot.org - Wonderful site, very deep. Has some nice interactive tools for exploring math concepts.
- Other useful sites:
Custom Google search:|
Put in your algebra word or phrase and search just Mr. C's recommended algebra sites.
These sites are usually more interesting than flash cards if you need to work on a basic math skill, like multiplication! (hint, you need to know up to 12 times 12 -- rapidly and accurately!)
These sites bring the power of the computer to show math concepts in new and informative ways. They let you experiment too!
- Shodor Interactive - many interesting lessons, you may have to explore a bit to find a specific topic, but it is worth the effort.
- PhET - rich science and math simulations, from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Math history and/or biography sites.
These sites do not fit in any particular category.
Remember, there is no science without mathematics :-).
- How Stuff Works
- Atlas of the Stars - so cool, start here and zoom out to see where our solar system is in the Milky Way Galaxy and where our galaxy is in the universe. Watch out, the nearest spiral galaxy (the Andromeda Galaxy) is heading directly at us and will hit our galaxy in ~ 250 million years! Duck!
- Cary and Michael Huang's Scale of the Universe - another awesome tool for exploring the "scale" of things, what a great tool for exploring!
- Interactive Periodic Table - a very interesting way to explore the periodic table. Check out Sodium and the authors video of his "sodium party" - kids, don't try this at home! BTW: this is the same Periodic Table in the classroom by the back pencil sharpener.
Things to help you with your math studies.
Math Glossaries, Math Dictionaries, Math Encyclopedias, Etc.
|Free Online Courses & Videos
Free courses, in many subject areas. Check out the Algebra courses!
|ACT Related Links
Get into your first choice for college. The 2 books I recommend getting are "The Real ACT- 2nd Edition" for its practice questions written by the company that makes the ACT; it has 3 complete practice tests with questions from actual ACTs (the newer 3rd edition has 5 tests but 3 are copied from the 2nd Edition), and Barron's Math and Science Workbook for its great explanations of math topics. - Tip: used ACT books are very inexpensive. Try Amazon or my favorite: Better World Books. Mr. C.
- ACT Student.org - The official ACT site. Has a complete sample test. Register for your test here. For about $19 per year you can get extra stuff, like a road map for preparing for the test (do this early, 9th grade isn't too early). Also, order (about $17) the completed test and your answers. You can only do this a couple times a year but studying your mistakes is a great way to improve. Highly recommended!
- Spark Notes Pre-Review Review - Practice things you should know before you practice the things you should know on the ACT.
- 4Tests.com - Free online ACT practice tests.
- Number2.com - More free online ACT practice tests.
- MathOnTime.com - Free ACT practice problems, formula sheets, tips.
- McGraw-Hill Videos - Free ACT practice videos and problems.
- Not Free (You Pay Money!) ACT Review Sites:
- ACT Statistics - Nationwide and Alabama Scores
- ACT Question of the Day
- Recommended ACT Calculator
- Want To Review? Trouble Getting Started? Do these steps:
- Step 1: Pick your target ACT score, if "IDK" use 22.
- Step 2: Open This Table of ACT Topics - click here.
- Step 3: Find your target score at the top of a page
example: a 22 is page 3 = range 20 to 23.
- Step 4: Pick a topic on left side of table - Google it - study and practice that topic.
- Step 5: Rinse and repeat.
|Math Contests and Competitions
Just for fun, pictures and movies in and around the school.
2012-2013 School Year:
- Our Classroom Ready For School! (Where do you sit?) - Aug. 10
- Week 1 (Who sits in YOUR seat?) - Aug. 24
2011-2012 School Year:
- Our Classroom Ready For School! (Where do you sit?) - Aug. 12
- Week 1 (Who sits in YOUR seat?) - Aug. 18
2010-2011 School Year:
- Our Classroom Ready For School! (Where do you sit?) - Aug. 5
- Week 1 (Who sits in your seat?) - Aug. 13
- Homecoming Door Decorations - Oct. 1
- Homecoming Classes - Oct. 1
- Homecoming Parade Part 1 of 2 - Oct. 1
- Homecoming Parade Part 2 of 2 - Oct. 1
- Homecoming Game - Oct. 1
- Wrestling - State Finals - Feb. 19
- Soccer - First Game Ever - Feb. 19 Part 1 of 2
- Soccer - First Game Ever - Feb. 19 Part 2 of 2
- Cinco De Mayo - Part 1 of 2 - May 6
- Cinco De Mayo - Part 2 of 2 - May 6
- The Class of 2011 Graduates - Part 1 of 2 - May 26
- The Class of 2011 Graduates - Part 2 of 2 - May 26
2009-2010 School Year:
- Our Classroom Ready For School! (Where do you sit?) - Aug. 7
- Week 1 (Who sits in your seat?) - Aug. 14 to 19
- Pep Rally - Beat Oneonta! - Sept. 25
- Varsity Football - SMHS vs Oneonta - Sept. 25
- JV Football - SMHS vs Cleveland - Oct. 6
- Homecoming Door Decorations - Oct. 6
- Homecoming Parade Part 1 of 2 - Oct. 9
- Homecoming Parade Part 2 of 2 - Oct. 9
- Wrestling - SMHS vs Southside - Jan. 21
- Wrestling - State Finals - Feb. 13
- Cinco De Mayo - Part 1 of 4 - May 5
- Cinco De Mayo - Part 2 of 4 - May 5
- Cinco De Mayo - Part 3 of 4 - May 5
- Cinco De Mayo - Part 4 of 4 - May 5
- Dawg Wars - Part 1 of 2 - May 14
- Dawg Wars - Part 2 of 2 - May 14
- The Class of 2010 Graduates - Part 1 of 2 - May 27
- The Class of 2010 Graduates - Part 2 of 2 - May 27
2008-2009 School Year:
- Our Classroom Ready For School! (Where do you sit?) - July 24
- Week 1 (Who sits in your seat?) - Aug. 7 to 13
- Volleyball - SMHS vs Cleveland - Aug. 27
- Math Classes - Aug. 28
- Pep Rally - Aug. 28
- Varsity Football - SMHS vs J.B. Pennington - Aug. 28
- Homecoming Door Decorations - Oct. 3
- Homecoming Parade - Oct. 3
- Homecoming Pep Rally - Oct. 3
- Basketball - SMHS vs West End - Nov. 21
- The Spanish Club Goes Caroling - Dec. 12
- After School Math Help - Dec. 13-16
- End of Semester 1 Math Classes - Dec. 18
- Wrestling - SMHS vs SHS and OHS - Jan. 20
- Wrestling - Last Day of State Finals - Feb. 7
- JV Softball - SMHS vs J.B. Pennington - March 19
- Dawg Wars - Part 1 - April 28
- Dawg Wars - Part 2 - April 28
- Cinco De Mayo - Part 1 - May 15
- Cinco De Mayo - Part 2 - May 15
- The Class of 2009 Graduates - May 28, 2009
2007-2008 School Year:
- Our Classroom Ready For School! (Where do you sit?) - Aug. 4
- Week 1 (Here is where you sit!) - Aug. 9 to 14
- Fall Football Jamboree vs Cleveland High School - Aug. 23
- Varsity Volleyball - SMHS vs Boaz - Sept. 4
- Junior Varsity Football - SMHS vs Oneonta - Sept. 4
- Dress Like a Nerd Day - Sept. 7
- Varsity Football - SMHS vs Pisgah - Sept. 7
- Junior Varsity Volleyball - SMHS vs Appalachian - Sept. 10
- Paper Airplane Project - Sept. 26
- Junior Varsity Football - SMHS vs Pennington - Oct. 2
- Homecoming Door Decorations - Oct. 12
- Homecoming Parade and Pep Rally - Oct. 12
- Chess Tournament - Nov. 5 to 9
- Basketball - SMHS vs Appalachian - Nov. 19
- Basketball - SMHS vs Oneonta - Jan. 12
- Dogwars - Part 1 of 2 - May 13
- Dogwars - Part 2 of 2 - May 13
- End of Year Math Classes - Part 1 of 2 - May 16 and May 23
- End of Year Math Classes - Part 2 of 2 - May 16 and May 23
- The Class of 2008 Graduates - May 27, 2008
2006-2007 School Year:
- Our Classroom on July 31, 2006 (Where do you sit?)
- Our Classroom on August 22, 2006 - (Filled with math students!)
- More Math Class Pictures - August 2006
- Varsity Football Pep Rally - SMHS vs PHS - August 31, 2006
- Varsity Football Game - SMHS vs PHS - August 31, 2006
- Junior Varsity Football Game - SMHS vs AHS - Sept. 19, 2006
- Girls Volleyball - SMHS vs OHS & AHS/PHS - Sept. 19 & 21, 2006
- Junior Varsity Football Game - SMHS vs HHS - Sept. 26
- Varsity Football Pregame Activities - SMHS vs OHS - Sept. 29
- Varsity Football - SMHS vs OHS - Sept. 29
- Homecoming Door Decorations - Oct. 5
- Homecoming Pep Rally - Oct. 6
- Crazy Dress-Up Day Part 1 of 2 - Nov. 9
- Crazy Dress-Up Day Part 2 of 2 - Nov. 9
- Varsity Football Playoffs - Round 1 vs. New Hope - Nov. 9
- Varsity Football Playoffs - Round 2 vs. Colbert Heights - Nov. 17
- Girls Varsity Basketball - vs. Holly Pond - Nov. 22
- Varsity Football Playoffs - Round 3 vs. Leeds - Nov. 24
- Varsity Football Playoffs - Round 4 vs. Clay Co. Pep Rally - Dec. 1
- Varsity Football Playoffs - Round 4 vs. Clay Co. The Game - Dec. 1
- Basketball - At Home vs. Oneonta - Dec. 15
- Saturday Math - Dec. 16
- Mr. C. Builds a Gaming PC - March
- Math Classes - Happy Easter - April 5
- Cinco De Mayo Celebration - Part 1 of 2 - May 4
- Cinco De Mayo Celebration - Part 2 of 2 - May 4
- Math Classes & Award Assembly- May 11
- Spring JV Football - May 11
- Spring Varsity Football - May 11
- Softball - State Playoffs - vs Good Hope - May 12
- Let's Go Outside - May 23
- The Class of 2007 Graduates - May 24, 2007
2005-2006 School Year:
- Our Classroom on August 6, 2005 (Where do you sit?)
- Crazy Math Classes on August 25, 2005
- Kickoff Pep Rally and Game vs West End on August 25, 2005
- JV Girls Volleyball at Home vs. DAR on August 26, 2005
Plus Pictures of Boomer and Zorro! UPDATED 6-1-06.
- Boys Junior Varsity Football at Home vs. Oneonta on Sept. 6, 2005
- Varsity Football - Home vs. Cherokee County Sept. 9, 2005
- JV Football vs. CHS & JV Volleyball vs. JBPHS/CHS - Sept. 13 & Sept. 15, 2005
- JV Girls Volleyball at Home vs. Pinson on Sept. 20, 2005
- Varsity Football - Home vs. Oneonta Sept. 23, 2005
- Boys JV Football - Home vs. JBPHS Oct. 4, 2005
- Homecoming 2005 - Door Decorations - Oct. 20, 21, 2005
- Homecoming 2005 - Pep Rally and Other Activities - Oct. 20, 21, 2005
- Varsity Football - Home vs. Locust Fork Oct. 27, 2005
- Playoffs 2005 - Pep Rally for Hokes Bluff Game- Nov. 4, 2005
- Basketball - SM at Home vs. Cleveland - Nov. 21. 2005
- Wrestling- SM at Home vs. Hayden - Nov. 29, 2005
- Basketball - SM at Home vs. West End - Dec. 9, 2005
- Wrestling - SM at Home vs. Southside - Dec. 12, 2005
- Basketball - SM at Home vs. Oneonta - Dec. 17, 2005
- Lip Sync Contest (Band Benefit) - March 4, 2006
- Math Outside - March 10, 2006
- Baseball - SM Home vs. Appalachian - March 11, 2006
- Softball - SM Home vs. Locust Fork - March 14 (Pi Day), 2006
- Annual Critter Show - March 16, 2006
- Cinco De Mayo Festivities - May 8, 2006
- Dog Wars - May 12, 2006
- Awards Day and Spring Football vs. Albertville - May 18, 2006
- Some End of Year Class Pictures - May 19, 2006
2004-2005 School Year:
- Our Classroom in October 2004 (Where do you sit?)
- Homecoming 04 - Classroom Door and Friday Pep Rally
- Auburn vs. Arkansas 04 - Mr. Cantlin takes a road trip :-)
- Bingo - The "Rescued" Susan Moore "Wildcat"
- Nov. 22 Basketball SMHS at Cleveland HS
- Nov. 24 Wrestling Tournament at Hayden HS
- Dec. 21 Basketball SMHS at Appalachian HS
- Jan. 8 Basketball SMHS at West End HS
- Jan. 22 Basketball SMHS vs. Oneonta
- Jan. 29 Wrestling - SMHS at State Finals - Pelham Civic Center
- March 25 Baseball - SMHS vs Locust Fork HS
- Civil War Reenactment in Blountsville - Forrest - Straight Raid
- April Baseball - SMHS at Oneonta HS
- Shiloh - Another Rescued SMHS Wildcat - The Cat Under The Stage!
Contact Mr C